Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Price In Kenya
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip smartphone price in Kenya is KSh175,000.00. This smartphone was launched in the country in February 2020. It is available in Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold colors. It has 8GB RAM and 256GB onboard storage.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Video Reviews
- It comes with a foldable Dynamic AMOLED display measuring 6.7 inches. This display has a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2636 pixels.
- This smartphone is equipped with Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ chipset built with the 7nm process. This processor is paired with 8GB of RAM
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip has 256GB onboard storage space.
- This device has two camera lenses at the back. The primary lens is 12 megapixels and it is accompanied by a 12 megapixels ultrawide lens.
- The front-facing camera is 10 megapixels.
- The Galaxy Z Flip smartphone comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. It also has an accelerometer, Gyroscope, barometer, compass and proximity sensor.
- This device is powered by a 3300mAh Li-Po battery. It is bundled with a 15W fast charging adapter.
- Five color options are available – Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, Mirror Gold, and Thom Browne Edition.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the second foldable smartphone from the giant South Korean phone maker. It comes almost one year after the company launched the Samsung Galaxy Fold. However, the two phones are very different in terms of design. Their only similarity is the price tag i.e.; they are both expensive. However, the Galaxy Z Flip is around KSh50,000.00 cheaper than its predecessor.
Galaxy Z Flip Design & Display
This phone was launched at the same time as the Galaxy S20 series. However, it stole the show because of its unique design. This is the second foldable phone from Samsung. The tech giant had to ensure that it’s perfect to avoid the foldable mechanism issues that forced it to recall the Galaxy Fold in the previous year.
The Z Flip is very different from its predecessor as far as design is concerned.
Unlike the Galaxy Fold, which becomes a tablet when unfolded, this phone gets to the size of a regular phone when it is unfolded. This makes it an easy phone to carry around. It has an aluminum frame and glass on both the front and back sides.
It measures 87.4 x 73.6 x 17.3 mm when folded and 167.3 x 73.6 x 7.2 mm when unfolded. It weighs 183 grams.
Galaxy Z flip features a 6.7 inches foldable punch-hole display. The display is covered with UTG (Ultra-Thin Glass).
When it is in close mode, you can operate it using the 1.1 inches Super AMOLED display at the back. When you unfold it, you can use it as a standard regular phone. Besides, you can also use this phone without fully opening the fold i.e., Flex mode.
While using the Z Flip in Flex mode, many apps will use the best display position. For example, if you want to watch YouTube videos on the Flex mode, the upper part will play the video while the lower part will display the comment or chat section of YouTube.
The main display is Dynamic AMOLED, and it has a resolution of 1080 x 2636 pixels. It is protected by scratch-resistant glass.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Camera
This device comes with a 12 megapixels primary sensor with an f/1.8 aperture. It is paired with another 12 megapixels ultra-wide lens with a smaller f/2.2 aperture.
The front-facing camera is 12 megapixels and has an f/2.4 aperture.
Hardware & Software
At the heart of the Samsung Galaxy Z flip is the powerful Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ chipset built with the 7nm manufacturing process. This chip has an octa-core processor with a maximum clock speed of 2.95GHz. Adreno 640 GPU handles the phone’s graphics.
The phone’s onboard storage space is 256GB. It has 8GB of RAM and no slot for a memory card. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the side.
Battery and Network
A 3300mAH battery fuels the Galaxy Z Flip. It is bundled with a 15W fast charging adapter and runs on Android 10 Q with One UI 2 on top. This smartphone also supports fast wireless charging.
Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, and USB type.