The Redmi 9A retails for KSh11,299 on Gadgets Leo and is Xiaomi’s cheapest smartphone. This Android phone has a huge battery that can last two days with moderate to light use and is functional for important calls, texts, browsers, and social media apps. The MIUI 12 from Xiaomi has some fantastic features, and the firm has a good history of software releases. The phone, paperwork, SIM ejector tool, 10W charging brick, and micro-USB cable are all included in the box.
Redmi 9A Price in Kenya and Key Specs
|Performance||MediaTek MT6762G Helio G25 (12 nm)|
|Display Size||6.53 Inches|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
Redmi 9A price in Kenya is KSh11,299. This is the 2GB RAM / 32GB internal storage variant of the Redmi 9A which is Carbon Gray (Midnight Black), Sky Blue (Sea Blue) and Ocean Green (Nature Green).
Alternatives to Redmi 9A
Redmi 9A Specifications
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – International HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – India
- 4G bands – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – International 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41 – India
- Speed – HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced – 2020, June 30
- Status – Available. Released 2020, July 07
- Dimensions – 164.9 x 77.1 x 9 mm (6.49 x 3.04 x 0.35 in)
- Weight – 196 g (6.91 oz)
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
The Xiaomi Redmi 9A is an enormous smartphone, but you rarely notice its size because of its good weight distribution. The front sports a sizable display protected against drops by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. You get a matte back panel with texture on the back. The texture’s raised ridges give the object a greater grip, which is a bonus. The 3.5mm headphone jack is located on top. A loudspeaker, a micro USB port, and the main microphone are all located at the bottom. Finally, a power button and volume rockers are on the left side, followed by a dual SIM plus memory card slot on the right.
- Type – IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)
- Size – 6.53 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~81.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution – 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
The Redmi 9A from Xiaomi has a 6.53-inch IPS LCD screen with a 720 x 1600 pixels resolution. It has a 269 PPI density and a 20:9 aspect ratio. Its max brightness is about 400 nits. Its aspect ratio makes it perfect for gaming and viewing movies on a huge display. The content can only be viewed at a 269 PPI density due to the HD+ restriction.
- OS – Android 10, MIUI 12
- Chipset – MediaTek MT6762G Helio G25 (12 nm)
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU – PowerVR GE8320
The phone has a MediaTek Helio G25 processor with a 12nm node powers the gadget. It has an octa-core configuration and a maximum frequency of 2.0GHz. A PowerVR GE8320 GPU and 32GB of eMMC 5.1 storage with 2GB of RAM are also included. It is a basic smartphone with an analogue processor. For routine chores like talking, texting, watching videos on YouTube, browsing, and so forth, you will have no problems utilizing the gadget. The Xiaomi Redmi 9A runs MIUI 12, which is based on Android 10 and undoubtedly has too many functions to enumerate.
- Card slot – microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal – 32GB 2GB RAM eMMC 5.1
- Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1.0µm, PDAF
- Features – LED flash, HDR
- Video – [email protected]/60fps
The Redmi 9A has a 13MP rear camera with PDA, an f/2.2 aperture, and 1.0 micron-sized pixels. A 5MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and 1.12-micrometer-sized pixels is included on the front of the device. To lower the price compared to its predecessor, Xiaomi had to make some compromises. The Redmi 9A has a single front and a single rear camera configuration. Regarding the rear camera configuration in daylight, the sensor can produce good photographs with good illumination.
- Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.12µm
- Features – HDR
- Video – [email protected]
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Radio – FM radio
- USB – microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors – Accelerometer, proximity
- Type – Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
First up, Xiaomi Redmi 9A does have a beefy battery pack at 5,000 mAh. It is more than average, and since you are using a bare-bone smartphone, this could mean a longer battery life. Xiaomi has reduced the charging speed from 18W on Redmi 8A to 10W on Redmi 9A. This indicates that it will take you at least 3 hours to charge the battery from empty to full.
- Colors – Carbon Gray (Midnight Black), Sky Blue (Sea Blue) and Ocean Green (Nature Green)
- Price in Kenya –KSh11,299
The Redmi 9A remains among the least expensive PHONES on the market. It boasts significant improvements over Flip phones and includes features including a sizable battery, a gigantic display, a potent processor, and more. Buy IT NOW on Gadgets Leo