The Huawei Nova Y90 is a device packed with features that will leave you impressed. The Nova Y90 boasts a 6.7-inch IPS display that offers an immersive viewing experience. It runs on the powerful Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, allowing for seamless multitasking and plenty of space for all your apps and media. The camera is one of the key features of this device. The back has a triple camera setup consisting of a 50MP main camera, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP depth camera. You can buy this gadgets right now on Gadgets Leo at the best price possible on the Kenyan Market
Huawei Nova Y90 Price in Kenya and Key Specs
|Performance||Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)|
|Camera||50MP +2MP + 2MP|
|Display Size||6.7 Inches|
|Battery||Li-Po 5000 mAh|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
Alternatives to Huawei Nova Y90
Huawei Nova Y90 Specifications
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM)
- 3G bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed – HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced – 2022, June 23
- Status – Available
- Dimensions – 163.3 x 74.7 x 8.4 mm (6.43 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight – 195 g (6.88 oz)
- SIM – Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Measuring 163.3 x 74.7 x 8.4 mm, a weight of 195g and a 6.7-inch screen, this is a large but lightweight phone. Despite its size, it’s still quite sleek and comfortable to hold. The phone feels quite premium and well-built, you will appreciate the attention to detail that Huawei has put into the design.
- Type – IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size – 6.7 inches, 108.7 cm2 (~89.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution – 1080 x 2388 pixels (~391 ppi density)
The Huawei nova Y90 comes with a 6.7-inch 2388 x 1080 pixels IPS display with a 94% screen-to-body ratio. It features a 270Hz touch sampling rate and 90Hz refresh rate which makes the overall experience smoother. The colors are vibrant with good contrast and viewing angles. It has narrow bezels to give you a more immersive viewing experience and the brightness is good enough to be used outdoors.
- OS – EMUI 12
- Chipset – Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU – Adreno 610
The Huawei nova Y90 features Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 680 processor, Adreno 610 GPU, 8GB of RAM and 128GB built-in memory. The Snapdragon 680 along with the Adreno 610 is powerful enough for a budget phone, performance is great with no visible delay or lags. It has plenty of power to run most games without issues.
In terms of connectivity, the Huawei nova y90 supports WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and GPS.
Like most other recent Huawei phones, the nova Y90 runs on Android 11 skinned with MIUI 12. Even though the device doesn’t support Google Play Services, you can install Android apps either via the Huawei AppGallery store or via third party app stores such as Apkpure.
- Internal – 128GB 8GB RAM
- Triple – 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features – LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video – [email protected]
The Huawei nova Y90 has a triple camera setup in a circular design which Huawei calls ‘Space Ring’ design. It features a 50 MP main, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth with an LED flash. The 50MP main camera produces photos with good colors and sharpness during daytime and works great for social media and sharing.
The main camera struggles in low-light conditions and produces images with somewhat acceptable noise and color. However, we hope this could be improved later with a software update. The macro lens is good for short-distance shooting, but it captures soft images and appears pixelated. The 16MP selfie camera captures photos with acceptable contrast and good color but struggles with bright light sources.
- Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Video – [email protected]
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC – Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB – USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors – Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, compass Virtual proximity sensing
- Type – Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging – Fast charging 40W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
The Huawei nova Y90 comes with a 5000mAh battery that will last you a full day of normal use. Charging is fast and efficient, thanks to the USB-C 2.0 port.
- Colors – Crystal Blue, Pearl White, Emerald Green and Midnight Black
- Price in Kenya –KSh34,999
Overall, the Huawei nova Y90 is a great budget phone that offers premium features. The design and build quality are excellent, the display is vibrant, and the performance is smooth. The camera may have its issues, but it’s still acceptable for a budget phone.