Samsung Galaxy A30s is one of the new mid-range smartphones and is a follow up to the popular Samsung Galaxy A30. This year, the A30 has been one of the top-selling phones under 20k in Kenya. Although the Galaxy A30s is slightly more expensive than the A30, it has a few new features that make it a worthy upgrade of its predecessor.
Samsung Galaxy A30s – Things you need to know
- It comes with a 6.4-inch Infinity U display. This display utilizes the Super AMOLED technology and has a resolution of 720 pixels by 1560 pixels. This may be a little disappointing since its predecessor features a Full HD+ display. However, the display is punchy and gives images with accurate colors.
- Its dimensions are 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.8 mm and it weighs 166 grams.
- The Galaxy A30s comes with an under-display fingerprint scanner. Its predecessors, on the other hand, has a rear-mounted scanner. You can now buy a Samsung A series device with an in-display fingerprint scanner at a lower price. Before the A30s was launched, you had to spend more to buy the Galaxy A50 to get yourself a Samsung phone with a fingerprint on the display.
- The front-facing camera is 16 megapixels.
- This device comes with a triple-lens camera system. This camera consists of a 25 megapixels primary lens, 8 megapixels ultra-wide lens and a 5-megapixels depth sensor. Notable features of this smartphone include Auto Flash, Face detection, Digital Zoom and Touch to Focus.
- Samsung A30s has multiple connectivity options including Bluetooth 5.0. Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G with voLTE, FM radio etc.
- The Galaxy A30s is equipped with a 4000mAh battery that is not removable. According to the manufacturer, this battery can power the device for up to 32 hours on a single charge. This phone supports fast charging – it comes with a 15W fast charging adapter.
- It runs on Android 9.0 Pie out of the package with Samsung’s One UI on top.
- Exynos 7885 chipset is the heart of this device. This chip is paired with 4GB of RAM and 64GB onboard storage space.
- There is a dedicated microSD slot for memory expansion. This slot allows additional storage of up to 1TB.
- The Galaxy A30s is available in many different colors. Available colors in Kenya include – Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Violet, and Prism Crush Green.
|2G||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100|
|4G||LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)|
|Dimensions||158.5 x 74.7 x 7.8mm|
|SIM||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)|
|Technology||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen|
|Size||6.4 inches, (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Screen resolution||720 pixels x 1560 pixels, (~268 PPI), 19.5:9 ratio|
|Display protection||Corning Gorilla Glass - unspecified version|
|Other display features||-|
|Card Slot||Yes, MicroSD card up to 1TB - dedicated slot|
|Operating System||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Chipset||Exynos 7904 (14nm)|
|Processor||Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|Triple||25MP, f/1.7, PDAF
8MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
5MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
|Features||LED flash, panorama, HDR|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE|
|USB||v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go|
|3.5mm headphone jack||Yes|
|More features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Charging||Fast battery charging 15W|
|Available colors||Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, Prism Crush Violet|