The Samsung Galaxy F12 is already available in the Kenyan Market. It features a couple of useful functionalities including a water drop-shaped display and a quadruple back camera system and 6,000mAh battery as its biggest features. The smartphone is available on Sea Green, Sky Blue and Celestial Black Colors here on Gadgets Leo. The smartphone starts at KSh18,299.
Samsung Galaxy F12 4GB/64GB Price in Kenya and Key Specs
|Performance||Exynos 850 (8nm)|
|Camera||48MP + 5MP + 2MP+ 2MP|
|Display Size||6.5 Inches|
|Battery||Li-Po 6000 mAh|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
Alternatives to Samsung Galaxy F12
Samsung Galaxy F12 4GB/64GB Specifications
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed – HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced – 2021, April 05
- Status – Available. Released 2021, April 12
- Dimensions – 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.38 in)
- Weight – 221 g (7.80 oz)
- Build – Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
The Samsung Galaxy F12 has a new appearance. Well, that is captivating, and that’s not what defines the true capabilities of a smartphone. The phone features a striped rear panel and a textured plastic body. The phone has a firm grip thanks to the rough coating, which deters smudges and fingerprints. In the upper left corner, inside a square-shaped module that is slightly higher, there is a quad-camera arrangement. The primary microphone is at the bottom of the frame, while the secondary one is provided at the top. The volume rocker and fingerprint scanner for the power button are on the right side of the device, while the SIM card slot is on the left. A single bottom-firing speaker, a USB Type-C connector, and a 3.5mm headphone jack are all located on the frame’s bottom.
- Type – PLS LCD, 90Hz
- Size – 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution – 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass
The Samsung Galaxy F12 has a large 6.5-inch HD+ HD+ Infinity-V Display with a resolution of 720×1,600 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display provides a 60Hz refresh rate which can also be adjusted to provide you with a smooth scrolling experience. The screen is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass on the top. The display provides bright color and is easy to operate, making it adequate for content consumption. Additionally, the screen has an eye comfort barrier to reduce strain on the eyes.
- OS – Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset – Exynos 850 (8nm)
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU – Mali-G52
The Samsung Galaxy F12 includes an Exynos 850 chipset with an 8nm architecture. It has a Mali-G52 GPU with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. This processor enables the smartphone to complete all everyday duties and multitask. When it comes to gaming, we advise utilizing light games to experience the full potential of the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy F12 comes with OneUI 3.1, based on Android 11. Although it comes pre-installed with bloatware apps, this is not a problem. To keep the home screen uncluttered, an app drawer is provided. The user interface is also extremely tidy.
- Card slot – microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal – 64GB 4GB RAM eMMC 5.1
- Quad – 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide) 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features – LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video – [email protected]
- Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Features – HDR
- Video – [email protected]
The Samsung Galaxy F12’s cameras have a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. In addition, there are three more lenses: a 2-megapixel macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture, a 5-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. An 8-megapixel camera sensor for selfies and video calls is on the front. The camera’s daylight photographs are beautiful and vibrant in all lighting conditions.
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Radio – FM radio, recording
- USB – USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors – Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer Virtual proximity sensing
- Type – Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging – Fast charging 15W
Samsung claims that the smartphone can give you more than a day of endurance even under intensive use. The Samsung model includes a vast 6,000mAh battery Capacity. In its packaging, a 15W charger is included.
- Colors – Sea Green, Sky Blue and Celestial Black
- Price in Kenya –KSh18,299
The Samsung Galaxy F12 is one of the few competitive smartphones under KSH 20,000. It delivers an HD+ 90Hz display, a sizable 6,000mAh battery, and a better Chipset at the price range/. If you want a smartphone below this price range that performs, you may want to consider it mainly because of the following reasons.